As part of the celebrations of the Heritage Month in its 31st session, organized under the theme "Traditional Dress: a National Identity and a Regional Specificity," the Agency for the Development of Heritage and Cultural Promotion (AMVPPC) in partnership with the National Institute of Heritage (INP), the Regional Delegation of Cultural Affairs in Kairouan, the "Kairouan Madinati" Association, is organizing a cultural and scientific manifestation under the theme "Kairouan is Flourishing in Celebration of the Traditional Dress" on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, at the Kairouan’s Heritage Interpretation Center.
This scientific and cultural event aims to shed light on youth's traditional national and regional clothing as an essential component of the national cultural identity.
The program includes:
- A scientific session entitled “the Particularities of the Tunisian traditional Dress”
- A second scientific session entitled “The Use of Tunisian Traditional Dress in Contemporary Arts”
- A Presentation of Dr. Mona Taamallah's book "The Traditional Costumes of Kairouan"
- The projection of " A Weaving and a Story about the Specificity of Traditional Clothing" by the Kairouanese cultural complex Asad bin al-Furat
- A traditional fashion show: “El Kharja il Kairouania” along with a musical shpw – presented by "Kairouan Madinati" Association and the Regional Delegation of Cultural Affairs
- An exhibition of paintings and tapestries made by teachers from the Higher Institute of Arts and Crafts of Kairouan
- A mini-exhibition of some heritage-inspired products designed by the Agency for the Development of Heritage and Cultural Promotion (AMVPPC)
This cultural and scientific manifestation entitled "Kairouan is Flourishing in Celebration of the Traditional Dress" is concluded by honoring those who contributed to this event and distributing certificates.